3-5, Middle school, High school
Science, Visual Arts
Science, Media Arts, Storytelling, Visual Arts, ELA
$450 for one 90-minute hands-on workshop for up to 30 students, or $1200 for a full day (up to three workshops and a teacher training session). Fee includes all materials and travel within one hour of Saratoga. Ask about customized programs for your school!
STEAM enrichment — crafts-based engineering, electronics and coding books and projects from award-winning author and educator Kathy Ceceri!
Students learn design thinking, practice problem-solving and troubleshooting, and exercise their creativity with hands-on engineering and electronics challenges using everyday stuff!
Award-winning author Kathy Ceceri offers Crafts for Learning workshops that let kids and teens:
- Plan, construct, and code DIY robots from cardboard and recycled material;
- Blend physics and storytelling to create working cardboard pinball machines around themes in science, history, or literature
- Learn about circuits while making light-up art and wearables
- Build working robot models that really walk and move
- Discover game design and coding concepts by developing “games for good” or adaptive game controllers
- Explore the math and physics of sound with their own acoustic and electronic musical instruments
Kathy’s books include Bots, Making Simple Robots, Paper Inventions, Video Games, Fabric and Fiber Inventions, Musical Inventions and Edible Inventions.
Kathy also offers professional development workshops that help educators incorporate Maker activities into their classroom or library using skills and materials they already possess!
7 Pearl Street, Schuylerville, NY 12871