– Living things and nonliving things
– Scientists and the scientific method
– Plate tectonics
– Volcanoes and Earthquakes
Creative Writing, Storytelling
Remote Author Visits
- 30-minute session with a maximum of 50 students per session. $20 per session.
- Can use Zoom, Google Meet, or other platforms.
Live School Visits (on hold until pandemic ends)
- All day visit at one school. Includes five 45-minute programs and a book signing. $650.
- Schools near each other can split a day into separate morning and afternoon visits. Each school visit would include two 45-minute programs and a book signing. $325 for each school.
- Schools outside of Rochester, NY will need to add travel fees to the total cost to cover mileage and a hotel room for the night before the visit.
Throughout the school year.
Kevin Kurtz is a nonfiction children’s author who writes books about science and nature. Kevin engages students in a discussion of the science topics of his books and the process of writing nonfiction. Science topics that can be covered by Kevin and his books include:
- Living things and nonliving things
- Scientists and the scientific method
- Plate tectonics
- Volcanoes and Earthquakes
- Climate Change
A visit from Kevin can include:
- A reading of one of his children’s books.
- A presentation on highlights from his books to address a science concept based on grade-level science standards.
- A discussion about the process of writing a nonfiction children’s book, to reinforce literacy skills and meet state ELA standards.
- A question-and-answer period.
- Students can order signed books the author